By Janelle Happach
Communications | TeachBeyond Global
Single women make up a large part of TeachBeyond’s membership. Katie Johnston is a Member Care Mentor who focuses her ministry on single women. Here is an introduction to Katie. You can reach her at email@example.com.
1. Tell us about yourself and how you came to know Jesus Christ as your Savior. I was born into a family of Christians who loved the Lord and at the time were serving him in Austria. I was introduced to Jesus at an early age, but really didn’t form a relationship with him until I was a teenager when I realized I need something more. I was saved and baptized on Christmas day when I was 14, and ever since then I have been growing in my relationship and in my love for Jesus.
2. What is your current role at TeachBeyond and what do you hope to see happen through your ministry at TeachBeyond?
My present role with TeachBeyond is Member Care Mentor. I focus on walking with the single ladies through this journey of missionary life. I hope through this role to see single women thrive in their ministries, and that through this journey of transition and transformation they grow into wiser, healthier, stronger women who seek the Lord first.
3. Tell us one thing that NO ONE else knows about you.
I went to college thinking I was going to be an accountant (I loved my accounting class in high school), but it turns out I like people more than numbers. I also fell asleep in every business class I took in college, so there you have it.
4. What is your favorite city and why?
Boston, Massachusetts!!!! Three summers during college I worked at a camp in Maine. Working there allowed me to see a lot of the beauty of New England, but also allowed me to spend some of my days off in Boston. I fell in love with the city, the history, and the Red Sox (when they were horrible)! You can’t go to a ball game at Fenway and leave not loving baseball!
5. If you could have your dream job, what would that be?
Mom (just keeping it real)