By George Durance | TeachBeyond President
- A teacher became a follower of Christ in SE Asia.
- A board member unexpectedly “lost” his wife to cancer but didn’t lose his faith or commitment.
- Four gifted new team members joined the local office in which I am sitting as I write this report.
- A child came to Christ in Moldova.
- A new camp was started in Central Asia.
- Two new schools were started in Central America.
- Amazing gifts were given for a school project in France.
- An American university was willing to anchor our graduate program.
- Six new supervisors were trained for ESL work.
- Another floor was added to an already impressive school campus in Germany.
- A Child Protection policy was adopted.
- Over 100 new full-time members were sent from Canada and the United States.
- Eight countries sent people to serve in other countries.
- A beautiful new school building was dedicated in SE Asia.
- A national leader who had a heart attack is mercifully rejoicing in service today.
- God is meeting the needs of an employee who needed an extended leave to regain strength.
- More than ten thousand people gave generously and sacrificially to this ministry because they believed God is using transformational education to draw people to Christ.
…and I have just begun to count.
The hymn writer was right. When we count our blessings at the end of the year, naming them individually, “it will surprise us what the Lord has done.” 2017 was the year of the most “surprises” yet and we reverently say, “Praise and glory go to our Father and His Son and to the Spirit who has done all things well.”
Photos: TeachBeyond archives.