TeachBeyond is seeking 3-5 people to run the children’s/youth program at TeachBeyond’s New Staff Orientation, which will be held at Wheaton College from June 16-22. Volunteers should arrive in Wheaton, IL, by June 15 and be available for the duration of the program.
Applicants should have experience working with children and/or formal training in an education degree program. Previous overseas experience preferred but not required. Internship credit possible. May be combined with other short-term opportunities
Volunteers are needed for nursery (infants, toddlers), primary (preschool and elementary), and youth (middle and high school) age groups. Final staffing needs will depend on participant registrations.
The Children’s Program summer volunteers will be expected to:
- Plan enjoyable, age-appropriate, meaningful activities based on existing curriculum focusing on topics like transition, expectations, cultural adaptation, and trusting God
- Facilitate positive interaction among participating children
- Collaborate effectively with other program leaders and TeachBeyond staff
- Seek opportunities throughout the week to get to know the participants and their families
- Embody the mission and vision of TeachBeyond by providing a transformational educational experience
- Raise financial support or cover expenses for room and board
- Convey the love of Jesus in words and actions throughout the week
Location: Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
Dates: June 15-22, 2019