New friends, new co-workers, and a new appreciation for the global mission of TeachBeyond – that’s what 97 new members experienced during our annual orientation at Wheaton College. It was the largest group of new members we have welcomed. Combined with 11 others who attended orientation at Immanuel Baptist Church in Abbotsford, British Columbia, more than 100 new members will be taking up their assignments in the next few months. Please pray for them as they raise their support, travel to their assignments, and settle in their new communities.
2018 New Member Statistics
- JumpStart (teacher training) had 17 participants.
- There were nine members in TESOL classes at Wheaton College to equip them for their assignments with Beyond Borders and LinGo.
- Several new members left for their assignments directly from orientation, and many others will depart in the coming months.
- 11 MKs attended orientation in Wheaton and Abbotsford.
- We had our largest SRS Bootcamp (support raising training) yet, with 29 attendees.
- It takes our members about 3 to 6 months to raise support.
- 13 have their monthly support need fully met.
- 13 are at 100 percent, which means special gifts will carry them for two years, but they do not have full monthly support.
- 2 are at 90 percent.
- 51 are still underfunded.
- Others are not yet raising support or not raising support in the US.
- We have had 2,318 new donors in 2018, including 621 who began giving in June alone.
- If all new members become fully funded, their donors will give about $196,000 in monthly support.
- There will be $398,235 raised in special gifts.